Sunday, November 8, 2020

Enchilada Casserole

 Enchilada Casserole


1 can each - cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup
1 29 oz can enchilada sauce - Rosarita brand

combine soup and sauce with water about 4 cups

Brown 2-3 lbs hamburger - season to taste - I use pepper and garlic

Put a thin layer sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan then layer, tortilla shells (I used one then tore one in ½ and used the other ½ to fill the holes), more sauce, meat, and, cheese, then repeat ending with a layer of tortillas sauce and cheese.  Make it like a lasagna.

Bake uncovered 375 for about 25-30 minutes.  Until the cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.

** This recipe makes 2 9x13 pans. When I make it just for my family I half the recipe using cream of mushroom soup and use ½ the enchilada sauce.  The other ½ I freeze and use for another time.  I’m sure you could make the whole batch and freeze the actual casserole but I don’t have freezer space.  For our trip I used only cream of mushroom soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment